VIP HOST MULTICULTURAL Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
1525 Russell Street, Baltimore, MD 21230, US
****Must be fluent in Chinese or Vietnamese (written & verbal)
Come Do Your Best Work Here!
Caesars Entertainment Corporation is the world's largest casino entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada more than 70 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions, and now owns or manages casino resorts on four continents. The company's resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brand names; Caesars also owns the London Clubs International family of casinos and the World Series of Poker.
Since 1951, the legendary Horseshoe Casino has been all about the gambler. We know how to make our guests feel like big fish. Our service is secondary to none, our casinos are damn nice and our amenities keep our guests wanting more. We have a confidence that comes from working for the number one casino brand in every market in which we operate.
Horseshoe Casino Baltimore on Russell Street in Baltimore’s south side opened in August 2014. Horseshoe Baltimore was designed to maximize connectivity with existing hospitality operators, neighboring professional sports venues M&T Bank Stadium and Camden Yards, and the city’s famed Inner Harbor. With nearly 122,000 square feet of non-stop gaming action, the casino features video lottery terminals (VLTs), table games, and a World Series of Poker room. Guy Fieri’s Baltimore Kitchen and Bar, Gordon Ramsay Steakhouse and Giada De Laurentiis, and a “Baltimore Marketplace” featuring authentic Charm City food outlets round out the food offerings. Horseshoe Baltimore also features nightlife at 14forty, Horseshoe’s center bar featuring 24/7 entertainment, not to mention bars such as B’More Beers, which highlights some of Baltimore’s famed brewers.
The VIP Hospitality Host position will report to the VIP Services Manager and will have the primary role to manage all aspects of the VIP customer journey while on property while simultaneously coordinating with account development team members on pre- and post-trip planning. The VIP Hospitality Host will constantly strive to delight our guests, exceeding their expectations through gracious, enthusiastic and personalized service. Candidates should have sharply honed interpersonal skills, inspire confidence and exude authenticity with regard to both guest and team interactions. The ideal candidate for this position will possess inherent customer service skills, a passion for customer care, and a commitment to proactive service and recovery as necessary. Members of the VIP Hospitality team will work to resolve customer issues using a rich set of tools which include real time customer data and alert systems. Members of this team will operate in a highly collaborative way and will deliver on Horseshoe’s service promise, while being held accountable for all service opportunities that may arise.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Proactively greets guests on the casino floor and participates in social events and special promotions
· Uses sound judgment and makes decisions in accordance with established comp and expense guidelines
· Fully empowered with comp authority
· Handles difficult guests and situations in a calm, professional and prudent manner
· Maintains close ties with customers to engender loyalty
· Anticipates, responds to and consistently meets or exceeds the needs of guests including, but not limited to, transportation and accommodation arrangements
· Seamless coordination with the Casino Marketing teams (Player Development, Account Development and Inside Sales) as well as team members throughout property (i.e. Check Cashing, Gaming, Virtual Hotel, Food & Beverage, Transportation) to create successful delivery of pre-trip itinerary
· Proactively identifies and resolves service failures, taking immediate action to resolve service gaps and cement player loyalty and intent to return by using comp authority or making service recoveries/exceptions
· Fully complies with all applicable rules, regulations, laws and policies and conducts self with highest levels of integrity and honesty
· Identifies ways to increase efficiencies and to improve products or services
· Clearly communicates programs/services to necessary people, seeks their support and keeps them informed of changes that may impact the business
· Keeps track of existing products/services and/or progress on new initiatives
· Must be knowledgeable of all events/promotions/etc…on property and in market
· Stays up to date with the latest developments in both the local market and industry
· Complies with and upholds company expectations including Code of Commitment, policies, procedures, industry regulations, department goals and business strategy
· Gives consistent, polite, timely, and accurate information and service to all guests, taking the initiative to find the answer when unsure
· All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Must be fluent in Chinese or Vietnamese (written & verbal)
· Must have excellent customer service skills
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· One or more years’ experience casino/hotel, customer service, host or other account management experience (or comparable experience).
· Multilingual preferred, but not required.
· Must be fluent in Chinese or Vietnamese (written & verbal)
· Ability to think independently in making real-time decisions to maximize customer service experience and program profitability
· Ability to effectively manage time and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
· Must be proficient with customer point-of-service systems
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and analytical skills required
· Must have a systematic and process-oriented mindset to ensure seamless end-to-end customer experiences
· Strong attention to detail with both trip logistics and customers
· Must present well-groomed professional appearance
· Critical competencies to include: Approachable - Spends the extra effort to put others at ease. An exceptional listener who is gracious, empathetic and patient. Initiative - Create and seize opportunities to win, even when faced with ambiguity. True passion for results. Interpersonal Savvy - Builds rapport quickly by listening, sharing, understanding and comforting. Outside In - Obsessed with exceeding customer expectations. Passionate about service improvements. Self-Assurance - Confident in ability to meet goals. Composure - Cool under pressure; doesn't show frustration or become defensive when faced with challenging or stressful situations; not knocked off balance by the unexpected; a settling influence with others.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
As part of Caesars Entertainment’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a background check, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks include:
- Prior Employment Verification
- Education Verification
- Social Security Trace
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
- Motor Vehicles Records (where required for position)
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.Enlisting Heroes seeks to harness the skills and aptitudes veterans acquire throughout their military career and apply them to the business world. At Caesars Entertainment, there is no shortage of examples of veterans transitioning from successful careers in the military to successful careers in the gaming industry in a range of functions from property management, logistics, human resources, and more. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities. Employees of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values: + Integrity & Rigor
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran