Valet Parker - On-Call $4.95/hr plus tips Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
151 N. Joliet Street
Joliet, IL 60432, US
HARRAH’S JOLIET CASINO & HOTEL – For seven straight years, Harrah’s Joliet was named one of Chicago's 101 Best And Brightest Companies To Work For!
Caesars Entertainment, is the world's largest provider of casino entertainment, with 50-plus destinations in the U.S., Canada and abroad. Our 60,000 employees are a diverse, committed team of people who strive for excellence each and every day. At Caesars Entertainment, we understand everyone has special talents. We strive to help individuals make the most of their abilities in the pursuit of their career goals. After all, energy, excitement and entertainment are what make Caesars the leader in the hotel and casino industry. Join our team!
· Files guest’s keys and tickets systematically to ensure efficient retrieval of guest’s vehicles.
· Ensures files are properly maintained to reflect the location of all vehicles parked in the valet parking locations.
· Ensures Valet attendants have completed parking tickets correctly.
· Maintains record of total cars parked and delivered by each attendant and overall totals for the day.
· Offers information to guests regarding directions, transportation, and Total Rewards.
· Maintains a complete supply of brochures, valet tickets, office supplies and other promotional information that the property is distributing.
· Responsible for assigned cash drawer and is accountable for such funds through audit and financial controls.
· Follows and ensures compliance with all established safety and security guidelines.
· Adheres to all regulatory, company, and department policies and procedures.
· Acts as a role model and presents oneself as a credit to Harrah's and encourages others to do the same.
· Complete all other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Prior cashier/general office experience preferred.
· Must have strong customer service, written/verbal communication skills and administrative skills.
· Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
· Neat and clean appearance.
· Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Lifts up to a maximum of 20 lbs and frequently lifts and/or carries objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
· Position requires 20% standing, 50% sitting, 30% walking
· Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer, telephone and radio.
· Requires some bending, pushing, climbing, stooping, reaching overhead and frequent twisting.
· Must be able to maneuver in/around valet booth, coat check, valet areas, cars, garages, etc.
· Must be able to work in a fast paced, stressful environment.
· Must be able to work in areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels and be able to tolerate working outside in all kinds of weather.
· Must be able to respond to speech, touch, smell, aural and visual cues.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
As a part of Harrah’s Joliet Casino & Hotel’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Harrah’s Joliet Casino & Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran