Job Description Job Attributes+
777 Harrah's Resort Southern California Way, Valley Center, CA 92082, US
Maintains and repairs upholstered furniture and casino/hotel decor as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair duties on all upholstered items within the casino/hotel.
- Work with Facilities Managers and Supervisors in coordinating projects and scheduling work.
- Must be able to meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to departmental and company policies.
- Must have a minimum of five years experience in upholstering.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Must be able to get along well with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
- Must present a well groomed appearance
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be capable of maneuvering for prolonged periods of time, both inside and outside sometimes in temperatures in excess of 115 degrees or cold temperatures below 10 degrees.
- Must possess coordination and dexterity to work with power and hand tools such as drills, electric saws, hammers, etc.
- Respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, jump, and carry heavy loads.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to maneuver on level surfaces, as well as up and down stairs.
- Must be able to think clearly and respond calmly in situations.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Preference is given to qualified Rincon tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.Enlisting Heroes seeks to harness the skills and aptitudes veterans acquire throughout their military career and apply them to the business world. At Caesars Entertainment, there is no shortage of examples of veterans transitioning from successful careers in the military to successful careers in the gaming industry in a range of functions from property management, logistics, human resources, and more. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities. Employees of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values: + Integrity & Rigor
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran