Table Games Pit Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
1525 Russell Street
Baltimore, MD 21230, US
Come Do Your Best Work Here!
Caesars Entertainment Corporation is the world's largest casino entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada more than 70 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions, and now owns or manages casino resorts on four continents. The company's resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brand names; Caesars also owns the London Clubs International family of casinos and the World Series of Poker.
Since 1951, the legendary Horseshoe Casino has been all about the gambler. We know how to make our guests feel like big fish. Our service is secondary to none, our casinos are damn nice and our amenities keep our guests wanting more. We have a confidence that comes from working for the number one casino brand in every market in which we operate.
Horseshoe Casino Baltimore on Russell Street in Baltimore’s south side opened in August 2014. Horseshoe Baltimore was designed to maximize connectivity with existing hospitality operators, neighboring professional sports venues M&T Bank Stadium and Camden Yards, and the city’s famed Inner Harbor. With nearly 122,000 square feet of non-stop gaming action, the casino features video lottery terminals (VLTs), table games, and a World Series of Poker room. Guy Fieri’s Baltimore Kitchen and Bar, Gordon Ramsay Steakhouse and Giada De Laurentiis, and a “Baltimore Marketplace” featuring authentic Charm City food outlets round out the food offerings. Horseshoe Baltimore also features nightlife at 14forty, Horseshoe’s center bar featuring 24/7 entertainment, not to mention bars such as B’More Beers, which highlights some of Baltimore’s famed brewers.
Reporting to the Table Games Shift Managers. The Table Games Pit Manager will assist in leading the floor operations at Horseshoe Baltimore with an upbeat and Positive attitude. Support company policies/procedures and initiatives, and must demonstrate the skill to influence and suggest achieving the Department goals and Company Objectives.
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES (PLEASE LIST POSITION TITLES):
Table Games Supervisors / Dual Rate Supervisors and below
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Responsible for supporting the Table Games Shift & Asst Manager in all departmental initiatives related to the casino hiring, training, coaching and process/procedure development.
· Responsible for daily function and operation of assigned area of the casino floor.
· Maintains working knowledge of all local jurisdictional gaming laws (federal, state, and local) and attendant regulations as well as company internal controls.
· Manages all operations and personnel on assigned shift.
· Coaches direct reports in pertinent skills of operations, marketing, and administration and promotes effective utilization of equipment, manpower and floor space.
· Effectively executes strategies in support of business objectives. Sets high personal standards for performance and encourages others to do the same.
· Continually follows up and evaluates the status of daily work and strategic projects.
· Authorizes guest complimentaries to recognize loyal players in accordance with company guidelines.
· Ensures all guests problems are handled quickly to ensure guest satisfaction within the established guidelines.
· Identifies and anticipates problems through logical and analytical thought processes.
· Ensures the proper issuance of casino credit, front money and chip advances
· Develops new gaming guests through personal contact with Player Development, Marketing and the
· Total Rewards Center.
· Monitors wage and salary costs to maintain proper margins in relation to business volume.
· Plans and approves employee scheduling to assure proper staffing to meet business demands.
· Establishes and maintains departmental procedures that will assure proper protection of all gaming operations from loss due to mistake or theft.
· Informs Shift Manager and Surveillance team of unnatural or irregular play.
· Proactively recognizes rewards and celebrates outstanding examples of employee performance.
· Counsels, guides and instructs assigned personnel in the performance of their duties.
· Must be proficient with the Pencil Function
· Any and all other job duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors degree (or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school) or 5 years equivalent training/experience preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years table games experience with progressive supervisory/management experience required.
· Literate and fluent in English
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
· Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with employees at all levels
· Strong organizational and analytical skills
· Computer literacy
· Ability to handle complex and emotional issues
· Acts as a role model to other employees and always leads by example
· Adheres to all regulatory, company and department policies and procedures
· Must project professionalism and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Professional appearance
· Team player
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
· Must be able to work independently.
· Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time (4 hours).
· Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions, when handling employee conflicts.
· Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the property and from floor to floor either by stairways (minimum of 20 steps) or escalator.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.; and, have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and kneel.
· Responds to visual and aural cues.
· Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
· Must be able to tolerate areas containing dust, loud noises and bright lights.
· Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran