Surveillance Officer - Full-Time - Grave Shift Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
151 N. Joliet Street
Joliet, IL 60432, US
HARRAH’S JOLIET CASINO & HOTEL – For seven straight years, Harrah’s Joliet was named one of Chicago's 101 Best And Brightest Companies To Work For!
Caesars Entertainment, is the world's largest provider of casino entertainment, with 50-plus destinations in the U.S., Canada and abroad. Our 60,000 employees are a diverse, committed team of people who strive for excellence each and every day. At Caesars Entertainment, we understand everyone has special talents. We strive to help individuals make the most of their abilities in the pursuit of their career goals. After all, energy, excitement and entertainment are what make Caesars the leader in the hotel and casino industry. Join our team!
· Clandestine observation of all gaming and money handling activities.
· Analyzes all gaming and money‑handling for undesirable play, fraud, theft, and deception.
· Operates electronic surveillance equipment (CCTV) a closed circuit television to monitor casino activities.
· Prepares written reports and logs.
· Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
· Adheres to all regulatory, company and department policies and procedures.
· Completes all other duties as assigned.
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Previous surveillance experience preferred.
· Must be flexible in schedule to include evenings, holidays, and weekends
· Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent mathematical and reading skills.
· Computer skills required.
· Must be able to work in and support a team-oriented environment.
· Must be able to perform routine tasks accurately and without error.
· Initiative to work without direct supervision.
· Cannot have any immediate family members employed at Harrah’s Joliet Casino & Hotel that surveillance has auditory control over.
· Internal candidates must meet Harrah’s Joliet transfer eligibility requirements.
· Lifts up to a maximum of 10 lbs. and/or carries objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
· Must be able to work in areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
· Position requires 5% standing, 90% sitting, 5% walking.
· Requires some bending, kneeling and reaching overhead.
· Must be able to respond to touch, speech, aural and visual cues.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment involving constant internal and external customer contact.
· Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
As a part of Harrah’s Joliet Casino & Hotel’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Harrah’s Joliet Casino & Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran