Steakhouse Cook I Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
228 Poydras Street
New Orleans, LA 70130, US
Food & Beverage
The Cook I will be responsible for preparing and producing menu items to recipe standards in a quick and efficient manner. Assist Chef on duty in setting up food outlet line and maintaining kitchen areas. Prepares and produces food items to be utilized in production and pantry areas. Maintain assigned station and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition which includes common areas such as walk in coolers and freezers. All cooks in the kitchens are expected to work together and assist each other as needed with business rushes or demands. Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Prepares all items
according to recipe standards.
stock levels in various restaurants.
Relieves the line
cooks as needed.
in the ordering of supplies.
Prepares items such as
but not limited to soups, fruits, proteins, vegetables, garnishes and
station and equipment in a clean sanitary condition.
Prepares and produces
food items to be utilized in production and pantry areas.
Prepare items such as
but not limited to salads, appetizers, sandwiches, entrees, breakfast
items and desserts. (soups, fruits, proteins, vegetables, garnishes)
Able to grill, cook,
and fry foods that require only a short preparation time.
Ensures each order
sent out is consistent with recipe specifications.
production to include: proper
cooking methods, cooking time and temperature, insuring sanitation,
handling and storage of prepared foods and leftovers.
Must be able to adapt
to fast paced and changing work environment without losing focus on job
station and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition while maintaining
a safe working environment.
Filters Deep fryers if
needed and directed by Sous Chefs.
Continues to show
positive attitude with team members to learn and be taught new cooking
skills and kitchen operation technique
Knows and follows all
established sanitation policies as dictated by the written sanitation
Meets the attendance
guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company
Spotlight 4 service standards:
Initiates Friendly Greeting, Smiles and Makes Eye Contact,
Demonstrates Upbeat and Positive Attitude, Checks for Satisfaction,
Provides a Warm Farewell.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- 6 months to 1 year experience in making salads and salad preparation.
- 6 months to 2 years previous experience as a Cook (Short Order/Pantry Cook) is preferred.
- Familiar with many phases of food preparation techniques
- Familiar with many phases of food preparation techniques.
- Must be able to provide own tools.
- Must have knowledge of kitchen sanitation, operation and maintenance of kitchen equipment
- Must be able to work any shift to support business levels.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Mobility and dexterity to move large, heavy objects up to 100 pounds.
- Manual dexterity to include using kitchen utensils such as knives, spatulas, food tongs, etc and handling of food items.
- Must be able to work inside a kitchen and on a line during the entire shift
- Must be able tolerate areas with extreme hot and cold temperatures
- Must stand for long periods of time and work throughout entire shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, crouch, kneel, push, and pull when rotating stock and cleaning work area
- Must be able to operate the following kitchen equipment: stoves, grills, fryers, and other utensils in preparing food orders
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English and be able to conduct conversations with peers in a distinctive and persuasive manner.
GAMING PERMIT: N/A
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran