Slot Performance Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
1525 Russell Street
Baltimore, MD 21230, US
Reporting to the VP of Gaming OPS, the Slot Performance Manager will lead the slot floor install for the grand opening as well as the ongoing overall repair and maintenance of all slot product and equipment for Horseshoe Baltimore.
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES (PLEASE LIST POSITION TITLES):
Slot Performance Supervisors and Slot Performance Administrator
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Responsible for leading all departmental initiatives related to the casino grand opening including hiring, training, process/procedure development, and product/equipment/supplies acquisition and install.
· Responsible for leading the Slot Performance operation post opening.
· Develops and assigns responsibilities for each Slot Performance shift supervisor and ensures duties are completed in accordance with company policies, procedures, and internal controls, as well as Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency rules and regulations.
· Plans and coordinates special slot performance projects.
· Maintains working knowledge of all local jurisdictional gaming laws (federal, state, and local) and attendant regulations as well as company internal controls.
· Maintains a working knowledge of all games in order to perform repairs and/or preventative maintenance.
· Develops, implements, and reviews the slot product and processes.
· Conducts effective analysis and reporting on slot products to maximize revenue and protect company assets.
· Ensures accurate completion of daily reports.
· Notifies appropriate Leadership of pertinent issues, as needed.
· Maintains slot floor security by notifying department management of any suspicious activity.
· Establishes a budget for revenues and expenses and operates within those guidelines.
· Provides outstanding service when interacting with our guests.
· Creates initiatives to improve the employee experience and employee opinion ratings.
· Sets performance expectations and provides coaching, career development planning and operational support for all direct reports.
· Establishes procedures to uphold strict adherence to state regulations and internal controls related to departmental processes.
· Partners with ESS Slots leadership to execute strategies to ensure the casino slot product mix is the best in market and consistent with the Horseshoe brand.
· Ensures staff is scheduled properly and aligned with business volumes.
· Applies Lean principles/techniques (i.e. applies countermeasures for waste, conducts daily visual mgt. and participates in kaizen events) to ensure quality and customer service is continuously improved.
· Provides legendary leadership to all Slot Performance team members.
· Develops a strong working relationship with all department managers to ensure unity and consistent direction.
· Establishes and endorses the business objectives, ethics and values of the Company in accordance with the Code of Commitment and Service Profit Chain.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Associates degree (or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school) or 3-5 years equivalent training/experience required.
· Minimum of three years slot maintenance experience with progressive supervisory/management experience required.
· Project management experience required.
· Literate and fluent in English
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
· Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with employees at all levels
· Strong organizational and analytical skills
· Computer literacy
· Ability to handle complex and emotional issues
· Acts as a role model to other employees and always leads by example
· Adheres to all regulatory, company and department policies and procedures
· Must project professionalism and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Professional appearance
· Team player
Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands:
· Must be able to work independently.
· Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time (4 hours).
· Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions, when handling employee conflicts.
· Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the property and from floor to floor either by stairways (minimum of 20 steps) or escalator.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.; and, have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and kneel.
· Responds to visual and aural cues.
· Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
· Must be able to tolerate areas containing dust, loud noises and bright lights.
· Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran