SECURITY OFFICER/FIRST RESPOND Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
777 Harrah's Resort Southern California Way, Valley Center, CA 92082, US
- Provides first aid, including CPR when necessary.
- Must be currently certified as a First Responder through the National Safety Council.
- Primary first responder to all medical emergencies for guest and employee injuries and illnesses.
- Provides emergency first aid and determines if a higher level of care is needed.
- Oversees and maintains control of incidents occurring on property when Security Supervisors are unable to respond
- Handles evidence returned by law enforcement agencies and returns it to appropriate departments.
- Assists the Security Shift Supervisor in coordinating efforts during emergency situations that could include evacuations for bomb threats, fire, flood, earthquake, hazmat, or any other catastrophe
- Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with customers and employees and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with co-workers
- Delivers training modules to the shifts in the absence of Security Training coordinator
Is able to review other officers reports for correctness
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year experience in a position with direct guest contact required.
- Must possess excellent customer and employee relations skills.
- Must have a valid drivers license with no suspensions, DUI or more than 2 moving vehicle violations within the last 3 years.
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be able to successfully complete the Security Service Officer Documentation Assessment.
- Must have valid California Driver’s License with no DUI’s or Suspensions within the last three years.
- Must have been a Security Officer II for six months and have passed Security Officer III written test and interview.
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.Enlisting Heroes seeks to harness the skills and aptitudes veterans acquire throughout their military career and apply them to the business world. At Caesars Entertainment, there is no shortage of examples of veterans transitioning from successful careers in the military to successful careers in the gaming industry in a range of functions from property management, logistics, human resources, and more. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities. Employees of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values: + Integrity & Rigor
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran