PROMOTIONS ASSOCIATE (On-Call) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
1525 Russell Street, Baltimore, MD 21230, US
Come Do Your Best Work Here!
Caesars Entertainment Corporation is the world's largest casino entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada more than 70 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions, and now owns or manages casino resorts on four continents. The company's resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brand names; Caesars also owns the London Clubs International family of casinos and the World Series of Poker.
Since 1951, the legendary Horseshoe Casino has been all about the gambler. We know how to make our guests feel like big fish. Our service is secondary to none, our casinos are damn nice and our amenities keep our guests wanting more. We have a confidence that comes from working for the number one casino brand in every market in which we operate.
Horseshoe Casino Baltimore on Russell Street in Baltimore’s south side opened in August 2014. Horseshoe Baltimore was designed to maximize connectivity with existing hospitality operators, neighboring professional sports venues M&T Bank Stadium and Camden Yards, and the city’s famed Inner Harbor. With nearly 122,000 square feet of non-stop gaming action, the casino features video lottery terminals (VLTs), table games, and a World Series of Poker room. Guy Fieri’s Baltimore Kitchen and Bar, Gordon Ramsay Steakhouse and Giada De Laurentiis, and a “Baltimore Marketplace” featuring authentic Charm City food outlets round out the food offerings. Horseshoe Baltimore also features nightlife at 14forty, Horseshoe’s center bar featuring 24/7 entertainment, not to mention bars such as B’More Beers, which highlights some of Baltimore’s famed brewers.
The Promotions Associate reports directly to the Events and Promotions Manager and is an on-call position that assists with any assigned duties to support promotions and/or events. As an on-call team member, a minimum number of hours is not guaranteed. Schedules are flexible.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Prepares promotion areas for promotions and events
· Executes promotions, assisting patrons participating in promotions by helping them swipe into invitation programs, distributing gifts, and aiding with any task regarding a promotion
· Staff special event registration areas
· Ensures that promotions/event areas are stocked with necessary supplies, decorations and secures items at conclusion of promotion/event
· Ensures collateral material for promotions and events are displayed prior to and recovered at the conclusion of each project
· Tracks inventories and expenses for each assigned project
· Closes/cleans promotion area following events
· Acts as a role model and always present oneself as a credit to Horseshoe and encourages others to do the same.
· Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to regulatory, departmental and company policies
· All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High School Degree or equivalent
· Candidate should be self-motivated and detail orientated
· Excellent verbal skills
· Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs
· Ability to maintain composure and excellent guest relations under all circumstances
· Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
· Maintain upbeat and positive attitude across multiple tasks and environments
· Ability to have a flexible schedule and work weekends and holidays
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
As part of Caesars Entertainment’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a background check, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks include:
- Prior Employment Verification
- Education Verification
- Social Security Trace
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
- Motor Vehicles Records (where required for position)
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.Enlisting Heroes seeks to harness the skills and aptitudes veterans acquire throughout their military career and apply them to the business world. At Caesars Entertainment, there is no shortage of examples of veterans transitioning from successful careers in the military to successful careers in the gaming industry in a range of functions from property management, logistics, human resources, and more. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities. Employees of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values: + Integrity & Rigor
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran