LOUISIANA DOWNS CAGE CASHIER Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
8000 E Texas Street, Bossier City, LA 71111, US
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Able to obtain Louisiana Gaming License.
- Must demonstrate the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide without the use of a calculator.
- Must have previous United States currency money handling work experience.
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be willing to serve customers from a variety of backgrounds.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays and work overtime.
- Able to pass mandated regulation and department testing.
- Customer Service: Provides prompt, friendly, and courteous service to all guests while following company and gaming regulations. Conducts all transactions in a confidential manner.
- Money Handling: Performs all types of money-handling functions including: check cashing and converting coin, tokens, and gaming chips into currency. Counts money and chips and reconciles banks. Orders currency to refill supplies. Accepts, delivers, and issues credit card cash to customers. Dispenses coins/chips to other cashiers. Processes funds transactions for the cashiering department and other casino personnel. Performs transactions under surveillance.
- Record Maintenance/Processing: Performs credit checks and inquiries. Processes new check cashing applications. Records information regarding transactions on reports and forms. Maintains internal controls with reports describing errors and discrepancies.
Teamwork and Values
- Team Work: Collaborates with work-group and all support departments to ensure player satisfaction. Communicates all relevant information to co-workers and management to maintain consistency and avoid potential problems. Works with team members to achieve common goals.
- Values: Maintains high standards of courtesy, professionalism and discretion in all communications to, about, or with customers including their arrangements and finances. Maintains confidentiality of all player accounts. Maintains security and confidentiality of files, records, and lists.
DEMANDS TO COMPLETE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. (e.g., bag of coins) approximately 100 to 150 times per shift.
- Able to stand, walk, stoop, talk, hear, and reach at least 2 feet across a counter.
- Must have good close and medium range vision with the ability to distinguish between colors.
- Able to walk and remain standing for 8 to 10 hours with breaks.
- Able to safely push or pull a cashier cart when fully loaded.
- Able to differentiate between various denominations of currency, chips, or tokens.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment (including computers, jet sorts, and 10 keys), handle currency, tokens, coins, keys, and buttons.
- Able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights, and dust.
- Able to work at a fast pace in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Must maintain professional composure in all situations (e.g., demanding or threatening customer and during periods of high business volume).
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.Enlisting Heroes seeks to harness the skills and aptitudes veterans acquire throughout their military career and apply them to the business world. At Caesars Entertainment, there is no shortage of examples of veterans transitioning from successful careers in the military to successful careers in the gaming industry in a range of functions from property management, logistics, human resources, and more. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities. Employees of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values: + Integrity & Rigor
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran