Lead Grill Cook - JB's Cafe Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Food & Beverage
2701 23rd Avenue, Council Bluffs, IA 51501, US
Caesars Entertainment Corporation is the world's most geographically diversified casino-entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 75 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions, and now operates casinos on four continents. The company's resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brand names. Caesars also owns the World Series of Poker and the London Clubs International family of casinos. Caesars Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars is committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognizes the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment.
Employees of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values Integrity, Service with Passion, Celebrating Success, Diversity, Caring Culture, and Rigor every day. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities.
* Administers all aspects of food preparation ensuring kitchen is clean, well-stocked and problem-free.
* Efficient preparation of all food related items for both batch and individual plated recipes with attention to maintaining appropriate food costs, volume, quality, and attractiveness.
* Ability to perform the functions of any culinary task assigned within kitchen such as broiler, sauté, Asian and prep when needed.
* Accountable for meeting or exceeding all State of Iowa and the Company’s sanitation requirements (ServSafe).
* Supports safety and accident prevention programs (non-slip footwear, knife handling, and proper lifting).
* Monitoring/implementation of garbage separation and disposal as per standards.
* Partners with Sous Chef to coordinate work flow during shift to meet business demands and ensure customer satisfaction.
* Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to the Company and encourages others to do the same.
* Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of applicable food preparation methods and measures for menu planning, soups, sauces, meat, poultry and seafood items for batch or individual recipes.
* Ability to cost out recipes.
* Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
* Good oral and written communication skills, must be fluent and literate in English.
* Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to lift up to 75 lbs., tolerate areas of high temperature in excess of 115 degrees and able to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and stack.
* Compliance with all regulatory, governmental, and safety requirements.
* Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
* Knowledge of and compliance with department, property and company policies and procedures.
* Maintain health department standards and regulations – inspection scores should be at or above standards.
* Maintain cleanliness of restaurant.
Caesars Entertainment is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.Enlisting Heroes seeks to harness the skills and aptitudes veterans acquire throughout their military career and apply them to the business world. At Caesars Entertainment, there is no shortage of examples of veterans transitioning from successful careers in the military to successful careers in the gaming industry in a range of functions from property management, logistics, human resources, and more. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities. Employees of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values: + Integrity & Rigor
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran