Laurel Lounge Cook Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
151 N. Joliet Street
Joliet, IL 60432, US
Food & Beverage
HARRAH’S JOLIET CASINO & HOTEL – For seven straight years, Harrah’s Joliet was named one of Chicago's 101 Best And Brightest Companies To Work For!
Caesars Entertainment, is the world's largest provider of casino entertainment, with 50-plus destinations in the U.S., Canada and abroad. Our 60,000 employees are a diverse, committed team of people who strive for excellence each and every day. At Caesars Entertainment, we understand everyone has special talents. We strive to help individuals make the most of their abilities in the pursuit of their career goals. After all, energy, excitement and entertainment are what make Caesars the leader in the hotel and casino industry. Join our team!
- Responsible for fast, clean and efficient service of all menu items to the service team.
- Ensures each order sent out is uniform, controls food production and proper cooking methods.
- Must complete work assigned in a timely manner to insure freshness and quality.
- Prepares foods according to business demands without getting behind.
- Must provide a consistent flow of product and service to our guests.
- Must be familiar with production, ala carte and fast food cooking.
- Responsible for the efficient use of, and economical utilization of all products to facilitate a lower food cost.
- Acts as a role model and presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Adheres to all department and company policies and procedures.
- Performs all related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a varied range of food knowledge and ability to use all kitchen equipment.
- Must know proper cooking temperatures, holding temperatures and sanitation practices to ensure safe food handling and safe food products to our guests.
- Possesses knowledge of all kitchen equipment, break down, set-up and sanitation of all equipment.
- Board of Health Sanitation Certificate in sanitation and food handling preferred.
- Familiar with all cooking techniques and ability to prepare a, “from scratch” menu.
- Must be flexible with schedule to include nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Great personality and a team-player attitude are required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. above and below shoulder level and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position requires 30% standing, 70% walking.
Requires very frequent bending, pushing, twisting, kneeling, climbing, stooping and reaching overhead.
Must be able to respond to touch, speech, smell, aural and visual cues.
Must possess coordination and dexterity to use kitchen utensils.
Must be able to tolerate industry standard cleaning/sanitizing chemicals.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment involving constant internal and external customer contact.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
As a part of Harrah’s Joliet Casino & Hotel’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Harrah’s Joliet Casino & Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran