Horseshoe Slot Ops Svc Leader Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
1021 Casino Center Drive
Robinsonville, MS 38664, US
Responsible for monitoring and leading, on a specific shift, the daily Slot floor operations that include associated facilities within the area assigned to EVS. Ensures that the slot customer receives exceptional customer service by all employees and the cleanliness of the slot operations area is maintained.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Sets the example for employees to follow.
• Creates and leads continuous customer service and employee workplace improvements and initiatives.
• Maintains an upbeat and positive attitude everyday throughout the course of the entire assigned shift.
• Upholds integrity of Slot Department Compliance and OSHA regulations. Insures safety rules are enforced and assists in training fellow employees to do the same.
• Always speaks positively about the company and fellow co-workers, especially in the presence of our front-line employees.
• Supports Slot and EVS Managers in any assigned administrative responsibilities.
• Rewards and recognizes employees for observed positive behavior.
• Meets with the outgoing Slot/EVS Service Leader in assigned area and ensure that a thorough pass down of information between the shifts takes place.
• Reviews daily break schedule(s) to ensure adequate floor and booth coverage for the entire shift.
• Conducts ongoing casino floor inspection to insure all paper, ashtray, bottles and cup are properly clean or trashed.
• Inspects each restroom for proper cleaning, paper goods and soap.
• Ensures proper cleaning chemicals are use to disinfect restrooms surfaces.
• Communicates with the Slot/EVS Service Leaders on different floors and creates break string that maximizes floor and booth coverage.
• Conducts a thorough walkthrough of assigned area, making specific notes of the following: down machines and reason, cleanliness of the area, missing or extra slot chairs, supplies (i.e. comp printer paper, JP tickets, etc.), employee interactions (i.e. staying in assigned area, actively, patrolling their zone(s) etc.), and equipment operation (i.e. NRTs, computers, and printers)
• Performs upbeat and energetic Buzz Sessions for slot and EVS employees whenever assigned or requested to do so.
• Help to develop plans, actions and standard operating procedures for the operation and administration of assigned departments.
• Establish and maintain scheduling procedures, taking into consideration time and use of facilities and relate public specialty areas and events.
• Touches base with each employee in assigned area at least once during the day to inquire about their satisfaction; ensures they have all of the tools necessary to do their job; and asks about any concerns, issues, or suggestions they may have. Seeks to resolve any of these issues at some point during the shift or at a minimum makes manager aware and see if they are able to assist.
• Is a model for Spotlight on Success and observes employees in their interactions specifically looking for the behaviors. Addresses any behaviors that are not present.
• Proactively comps players after actively evaluating their play.
• Seeks out service breakdowns (long wait times) and proactively issues comps to regain satisfaction.
• Must be able to comprehend compliance guidelines and uphold Internal Controls, MCC Regulations and department policies and procedures.
• Handles all player and/or employee issues that arise throughout the shift (utilizing all available tools such as CMS, past behaviors and play, etc.). Contacts a slot shift manager for any issue that cannot be resolved and have suggestions and justifications for the problem at hand before contacting him/her.\
• Assure staff follows established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies at all times.
• Makes certain Slot Dispatch is operating effectively for their area and that calls are being reported and answered in a timely and professional manner.
• Ensures that all employees are using proper radio etiquette and being respectful to each other on the radio at all times.
• Provides positive feedback to employees for the things they do well.
• Provides corrective feedback to employees for the things they can do better or differently.
• Inspect storage rooms, utility and janitorial closet, etc., for supply control.
• Assure staff follows established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies at all times
• Issues progressive discipline to employees for variances, attendance points, exceptions, and performance issues in a timely manner.
• Complete any and all other assigned tasks.
Inspires others by demonstrating a high level of commitment and energy in all endeavors. Consistently demonstrates superior customer service skills and acts as a positive role model for all employees. Conveys positive energy and enthusiasm focusing on the customer interaction. Continuously improves service by evaluating service problems using feedback or data and involving team in service improvements. Communicates service problems and team plans in buzz sessions and facilitates problem-solving meetings with team. Immediately addresses service issues and follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Keeps team well informed of property promotions and events. Develops highly skilled, successful employees, sets realistic and measurable service standards and holds employees accountable for meeting them. Clearly communicates and enforces company expectations including Code of Commitment, policies, procedures, department goals and business strategy. Addresses employee performance issues, coaches for improvement and provides ongoing feedback. Uses EOS data to improve the workplace, listens and responds to employees, recognizes and rewards individual and team performance. Consistently follows company policies, procedures and industry regulations, maintains accurate and up-to-date employee records, completes performance reviews timely.
The term “management” includes duties such as interviewing; training; selecting and adjusting rates of pay and hours of work; directing the work of employees; maintaining production; appraising employees’ productivity and efficiency for purposes of recommending promotions or other changes (evaluations); handling employees’ grievances and complaints; disciplining employees; planning work; providing for safety and security; and monitoring or implementing legal compliance matters. Recommends disciplinary action or disciplines employees.
High school diploma required. College degree a plus. Must possess strong supervisory and leadership skills. Must have strong computer and technical skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Must have strong comprehension of the various internal written and verbal codes/abbreviations. Must project professionalism and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team. Must present a well-groomed appearance.
PHYSICAL, METNAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the hotel
Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including a 10 key adding machine, PC computers, fax machine, and photocopier.
Must be able to work at a fast pace, stressful situations, and make solid decisions.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Must possess basic math skills.
Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Must be at least 21 years of age and have ability to able to obtain a gaming work permit, Non-key
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran