Horseshoe Race Sportsbook Writer (PT) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
1021 Casino Center Drive
Robinsonville, MS 38664, US
Provides excellent service to customers who place a bet in the Sports Book area. Ensure that all customers understand the various type of wagers, displays patience with novice customers, and engages in friendly conversations with all customers. Processes all cash transactions quickly and accurately.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Greets customers; inputs betting information into computer; prints ticket; accepts money and gives ticket and change to customers.
· Accurately maintains bank.
· Verifies winning tickets.
· Handles and solves any concerns and questions by customers.
· Explains wagering information when needed.
· Maintains and updates betting boards or Televisions for customers to view.
· Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Must be Sports enthusiast and at least 6 months previous cash handling experience.
- Must be mathematically inclined.
- Must have an interest in horse racing and sports activities.
- Must be able to pass a math test.
- Demonstrated ability of good handwriting skills and previous money-handling experience is required.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to work any day and any shift.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Able to obtain a MS gaming license.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able sit and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to work inside and continuously maneuver in and around assigned betting window area during entire shift. Must be able to stoop, reach and bend as necessary. Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling guest demands in a fast-paced environment. Responds to visual and aural cues. Must be able to read, verify and sign appropriate documents relating to the game in a small area. Excellent vision (including peripheral) is needed to protect the games. Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran