Horseshoe Bakery Baker (FT) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
1021 Casino Center Drive
Robinsonville, MS 38664, US
Food & Beverage
SUMMARY: Prepares bread all breakfast items including, rolls, muffins, and biscuits according to recipe by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Checks production schedule to quantity of goods to bake according to production schedule.
- Measures and mixes ingredients to form dough or batter by hand or using electric mixer and follow all recipes.
- Cuts dough into uniform portions with knife or divider.
- Molds dough into loaves or desired shapes.
- Places shaped dough in greased or floured pans.
- Spreads or sprinkles topping such as jelly, cinnamon, and poppy seeds on specialties.
- Places pans of dough in proof box to rise.
- Inserts pans of raised dough in oven to bake.
- Adjusts drafts or thermostatic controls to regulate oven temperature.
- Removes baked goods from oven and places goods on cooling rack.
- Have some pastry experience and knowledge to bake pies, cakes, cookies, and other pastries.
- Promote outstanding guest relations.
- Support and maintain Horseshoe courtesy guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate
Ability to work in a drug free environment
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Culinary or apprenticeship program preferred
Two to four years of pastry/baking in a similar size operation with supervisory experience essential
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran