Gordon Ramsay Steak Executive Chef Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Food & Beverage
1525 Russell Street, Baltimore, MD 21230, US
Supervises the activities of all Gordon Ramsay Steak staff including scheduling, maintaining inventory, and assuring a quality product is served to guests in a timely manner. Completes all necessary paper work and performs other duties to maintain a smooth, orderly operating kitchen. Summary of major responsibilities include interviewing, selecting and training employees; conducting performance reviews; recommending wage increases and promotions; handling employees’ complaints and disciplining and/or recommending discipline and supervising work.
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES (PLEASE LIST POSITION TITLES): Chef, Cooks, Specialist Chef
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Produces food for the restaurant and other events in the casino meeting/conference spaces.
· Ensures that all food prepared is nutritious, safe, eye appealing and properly flavored.
· Specific duties include menu planning, maintenance of payroll, food cost and other related records.
· Prepares food, establishes quality standards, trains employees in cooking methods, presentation techniques and portion control.
· Interviews, hires, evaluate and disciplines kitchen personnel as appropriate.
· Understands and communicates to kitchen personnel all property and department rules, policies and procedures.
· Trains kitchen personnel in food production principles and practices.
· Establishes quality standards for menu items and for food production practices.
· Plans and prices menus.
· Establishes portion sizes and standards of service for all menu items.
· Schedules kitchen employees in conjunction with business forecasts and predetermined budget.
· Experience with I-App and BOD.
· Maintains payroll records for submission to payroll department.
· Controls food cost by establishing proper storage requirements, standardization of recipes and waste control.
· Trains kitchen personnel in safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils, and machinery.
· Provides safety training in lifting, carrying, hazardous material control, and chemical control.
· Trains kitchen personnel in sanitation practices and help establish cleaning schedules, stock rotation, refrigeration temperature control points and any other sanitary controls.
· Leads employees by creating a positive, supportive environment where talents, skills, and trade practices are exchanged, practiced and enhanced.
· Understands and administers the PAR form, sets performance expectations and provides coaching and operational support for the kitchen production staff.
· Enforces all appearance and uniform guidelines.
· Demonstrates Horseshoe Spotlight 5 behaviors: Initiates Friendly Greeting, Smiles and Makes Eye Contact, Demonstrates Upbeat and Positive Attitude, Checks for Satisfaction, Provides a Warm Farewell.
· Lead an organization with methods and actions that are ethical and in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Company policies.
· Identify compliance risks and take actions necessary to eliminate or minimize risks.
· Champion, within the organization, a commitment to honesty, integrity, and responsible corporate behavior.
· Create a compliance culture within the organization and foster an environment where employees feel comfortable reporting potential violations or misconduct.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· 5 years experience
· College degree or adequate experience required
· Degree from a post-secondary Culinary Arts School.
· A minimum of 5 years as a Sous Chef plus 3 years in another food preparation position.
· Proven performance in implementing and maintaining food production operational standards.
· Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
· Proven financial performance and understanding to be fully accountable for all expenses.
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.Enlisting Heroes seeks to harness the skills and aptitudes veterans acquire throughout their military career and apply them to the business world. At Caesars Entertainment, there is no shortage of examples of veterans transitioning from successful careers in the military to successful careers in the gaming industry in a range of functions from property management, logistics, human resources, and more. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities. Employees of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values: + Integrity & Rigor
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran