GDL Italian Restaurant Host Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Food & Beverage
1525 Russell Street, Baltimore, MD 21230, US
The primary responsibility of the Gourmet Host Person is to ensure guests are cheerfully greeted, whether in person or on the telephone, and to seat arriving guests in a timely manner. They also serve as the restaurant’s first and last impression and must make sure guests thoroughly enjoy their dining experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Approach and greet customer in prompt and courteous manner, thanking them upon departure.
· Determine guest’s requirements, (i.e., the number in a party, smoking preference, other
· accommodations required such as wheel chairs access, comps, etc.).
· Seat arriving guests as quickly as possible and determine accurate wait periods as needed.
· Properly rotate server stations when seating guests (requires knowledge of server abilities).
· Assist service staff in ensuring tables are cleared and cleaned after each use, and are set
· Ensure all areas of the restaurant are clean, particularly entrance and podium
· Answer telephones using proper phone etiquette as described in company standards.
· Accepts restaurant reservations upon availability.
· Follow proper opening and closing procedures including necessary paperwork and reports.
· Work requires a minimum of 6 months- 1 year work related experience.
· Work requires effective communication in English, both verbal and written form in a professional manner.
· Must present a neat and professional appearance.
· Work requires attention to detail and accuracy.
· Work requires interactions with customers, public and co-workers.
· Work requires use of a computer and/or cash register.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Fast paced environment, multiple tasks to be handled under time constraint. Must stand for entire shift. Must be able to handle a heavy business volume, and sensitive situations relating to staff and guest problems, in a timely manner.
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.Enlisting Heroes seeks to harness the skills and aptitudes veterans acquire throughout their military career and apply them to the business world. At Caesars Entertainment, there is no shortage of examples of veterans transitioning from successful careers in the military to successful careers in the gaming industry in a range of functions from property management, logistics, human resources, and more. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities. Employees of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values: + Integrity & Rigor
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran