GDL Italian Food Server (Part-Time) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Food & Beverage
1525 Russell Street, Baltimore, MD 21230, US
The primary responsibility of the Gourmet Food Server provides prompt, courteous service to hotel patrons and ensures the guest receives everything to make their dining experience pleasurable.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Acknowledge customer immediately with a smile and poor complimentary water.
· Assists guests with chairs and napkins during the greeting.
· Expedite the food from the kitchen, implementing proper sequence of service.
· Monitor tables closely and be attentive to guests’ needs.
· Working knowledge of extensive wine selection, presentation and service of wines.
· Maintain table with beverage levels throughout service.
· Understanding of spirits and cigars.
· Prepare sections and side stations
· Maintain professional demeanor throughout service, assisting captains and setters as necessary.
· Make sure all areas are clean and free of debris.
· Work requires a minimum of 2 years fine dining experience.
· Work requires effective communication in English, both verbal and written form in a professional manner.
· Must present a neat and professional appearance.
· Work requires interactions with customers, public and co-workers.
· Work requires teamwork with other staff members.
· Work requires an attention to detail.
· Work requires a strong understanding of gourmet dining atmosphere.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Fast paced, high volume environment involving constant public interactions with high communication skills. Ability to carry beverage trays and carrying of plates without tray service. Shifts may vary based on business needs.
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.Enlisting Heroes seeks to harness the skills and aptitudes veterans acquire throughout their military career and apply them to the business world. At Caesars Entertainment, there is no shortage of examples of veterans transitioning from successful careers in the military to successful careers in the gaming industry in a range of functions from property management, logistics, human resources, and more. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities. Employees of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values: + Integrity & Rigor
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran