Flavors Buffet - Line Attendant (Part Time) $11.00/hour Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Food & Beverage
151 N. Joliet Street, Joliet, IL 60432, US
HARRAH’S JOLIET CASINO & HOTEL – For seven straight years, Harrah’s Joliet was named one of Chicago's 101 Best And Brightest Companies To Work For!
Caesars Entertainment, is the world's largest provider of casino entertainment, with 50-plus destinations in the U.S., Canada and abroad. Our 60,000 employees are a diverse, committed team of people who strive for excellence each and every day. At Caesars Entertainment, we understand everyone has special talents. We strive to help individuals make the most of their abilities in the pursuit of their career goals. After all, energy, excitement and entertainment are what make Caesars the leader in the hotel and casino industry. Join our team!
· Maintains food areas on buffet lines by replenishing food items and keeping assigned work areas visually appealing and sanitary.
· Assists in the preparation of various food items to include but not limited to, dessert items, salads, jellos, sliced meats, dressings, and other items as required.
· Provides consistent prompt, courteous service to the guest in a professional manner at all times.
· Presents a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance at all times.
· Shows special recognition of frequent guests.
· Properly rotates food items to ensure fresh looking food presentation.
· Notifies cooks of product being taken from warm holding boxes.
· Knowledge of what food items are being served daily
· Informs supervisor of guests needs which may require special accommodations.
· Does not discard any food that may be recycled unless told to do so by kitchen manager or lead.
· Properly breaks down buffet line and cleans area at closing.
· Acts as a role model and presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
· Adheres to all department and company policies and procedures.
· Performs all related duties as assigned
· High school diploma or equivalent required. Current or past culinary arts education preferred.
· Previous food handling experience.
· Illinois Food Safety Handler certification (Harrah’s Joliet will provide training if not already certified).
· Must be able to multi-task.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays.
· Entertaining personality and a team-player attitude are required.
· Internal candidates must meet Harrah’s Joliet’s Transfer Eligibility Requirements.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. above and below shoulder level and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
· Position requires 30% standing, 70% walking.
· Requires some bending, pushing, twisting, kneeling, climbing, stooping and reaching overhead.
· Must be able to respond to touch, speech, smell, aural and visual cues.
· Must possess coordination and dexterity to use kitchen utensils.
· Must be able to tolerate industry standard cleaning/sanitizing chemicals.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment involving constant internal and external customer contact.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
As a part of Harrah’s Joliet Casino & Hotel’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Harrah’s Joliet Casino & Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.Enlisting Heroes seeks to harness the skills and aptitudes veterans acquire throughout their military career and apply them to the business world. At Caesars Entertainment, there is no shortage of examples of veterans transitioning from successful careers in the military to successful careers in the gaming industry in a range of functions from property management, logistics, human resources, and more. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities. Employees of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values: + Integrity & Rigor
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran