CASINO SERVICES SHIFT SUPERVISOR Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
280 Beach Boulevard
Biloxi, MS 39530, US
Responsible for assisting in the managing and directing of all cashiering and Caesars Rewards activities and functions in the Cage Division of the Finance Department and ensuring these activities are performed accurately and efficiently, in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations of the Gaming Commission, Federal and State Tax Commission, and established company policies, procedures and controls.
JOB ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be responsible for all transactions in Cashier, Caesars Rewards, Credit and Main Bank areas
- Provides/Monitors guest service and Caesars Rewards related functions
- Monitors/supervises monetary transactions for all casino guests and team members
- Ensures accurate records of all transactions per gaming regulations, company/department policy, and internal controls
- Exhibit sound decision-making with emphasis on motivating team, maintaining high morale, and protecting the company’s assets.
- Maintain accountability of department in accordance with Internal Controls, MGC regulations
and internal policies and procedures
- Provide continuous positive coaching and recognition for development of team members and appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Be responsible for all funds entrusted during an assigned shift
- Verify transfers and other paperwork completed by cashiers
- Researches all discrepancies related to cash activities
- Oversee bank operations including cash management and recording of funds
- Monitor NRT machines to ensure optimal service and fund management
- Be responsible for promoting the benefits of the Caesars Rewards Program and supporting initiatives relate to Caesars Rewards programs and partnerships
- Communicate information on property promotions and initiatives to guests and staff
- Work front line positions when volumes or staffing supports
- Verify accuracy of date entry into CMS and other property information systems
- Coordinate between departments (e.g., income control and operations)
- Report variances to Finance management
- Oversee duties specific to shift
- Provide prompt, courteous service to gaming guests
- Supply currency and coins to other departments, as needed
- Handle guest disputes
- Process jackpot payouts
- Verify CTR/AML related paperwork and entries for cage operations
- Train subordinates, providing each with the knowledge, development and appropriate direction to perform his/her responsibilities.
- Ensure timely and accurate performance appraisals and accurate work history entries.
- Be a member of the team by volunteering and being involved in projects, committees, and task forces by providing input and suggestions. Contribute to the improvement of the business with ideas.
- Facilitate positive changes within the department and the casino.
- Work with other departments for the overall good of the casino.
- Be proactive with incidents and issues ensuring resolution with team members
- Adhere to regulatory, departmental and company policies in an ethical manner.
- Responsible for scheduling and maintaining adequate staffing levels for customer service.
- Hiring and firing of Casino Services staff.
- Strive to maintain consistency among shifts.
- High school diploma required/G.E.D. (College preferred)
- 2-3 years successful supervisory experience
- 2-3 years successful experience in handling large amounts of money
- Flexibility in shift, hours and days off
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent attendance record in previous positions.
- Willing to learn and to be adaptable.
- Professional appearance
- Ability to work independently.
- Clean criminal record concerning finances
- Must demonstrate the following essential knowledge and skills:
- Ø Good computer skills
- Ø Good math skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of internal control regulations
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Able to lift 50 pounds
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job.
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran