Casino Bar Porter / Bar Helper - Part-Time $11/hr Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
151 N. Joliet Street
Joliet, IL 60432, US
HARRAH’S JOLIET CASINO & HOTEL – For seven straight years, Harrah’s Joliet was named one of Chicago's 101 Best And Brightest Companies To Work For!
Caesars Entertainment, is the world's largest provider of casino entertainment, with 50-plus destinations in the U.S., Canada and abroad. Our 60,000 employees are a diverse, committed team of people who strive for excellence each and every day. At Caesars Entertainment, we understand everyone has special talents. We strive to help individuals make the most of their abilities in the pursuit of their career goals. After all, energy, excitement and entertainment are what make Caesars the leader in the hotel and casino industry. Join our team!
• Obtains supplies and equipment necessary for the assigned F&B outlet.
• Slices and pits fruit and supplies bartending staff with appropriate garnishes necessary to the specific outlet.
• Supplies accurate levels of beer and liquors, glassware, soaps and chemicals, silverware, beverage utensils, and any supplies necessary to the consistent operation of the bar.
• Washes and dries all glassware as specified by the safety and sanitation guidelines.
• Replaces empty beer kegs and bag in box required to the assigned outlet.
• Keeps area clean, sanitary and free of debris.
• Provides a safe environment for employees and visiting guests.
• Sets up bars with necessary supplies, ice and tools required for the business levels forecasted.
• Leaves assigned work area with appropriate level of supplies for incoming shifts.
• Assists all staff whenever necessary assuring acceptable guests service.
• Acts as a role model and presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
• Adheres to all department and company policies and procedures.
• Performs all related duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Prior restaurant/bar service experience preferred.
• Neat and clean appearance.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to work as a team player.
• Flexibility with scheduling to include nights, holidays and weekends
· Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. and carry objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
· Position requires 50% standing, 50% walking.
· Requires frequent bending, pushing, twisting, kneeling, climbing, stooping and reaching overhead.
· Must be able to respond to touch, speech, smell, aural and visual cues.
· Must be able to exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 10 (ten) hours in length. Must be able to work in areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
· Must have the ability to frequently climb 4-5 (four-five) flights of stairs.
· Must have the ability to frequently lift and carry beer cases, kegs, tray and other objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
As a part of Harrah’s Joliet Casino & Hotel’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Harrah’s Joliet Casino & Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran