Cashier-Caesars Rewards$15.50 Hourly-Swing Shift-Full time-Lake Tahoe Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
15 Highway 50
Stateline, NV 89449, US
This position is responsible for meeting casino and patron cash needs and promoting the company’s customer loyalty program.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Greets and welcomes customers, with a smile, as a company representative.
· Serves as Total Rewards and customer service Role Model for other team members.
· Understands, values, and supports the Total Rewards program and special events, promotions, and player programs.
· Effectively and enthusiastically communicates the benefits of the tiered card program and provides players with a compelling reason to consolidate play.
· Cross-sells property events (shows, promotions, etc.) and amenities (hotel, restaurants, etc.).
· Ensures each customer interaction results in increased customer confidence in Total Rewards.
· Resolves customer issues according to the Spotlight on Success model using Service Recovery tools.
· Follows all company policies and procedures, as well as federal and state law.
· Responsible for ensuring customer data integrity.
· Responsible for achieving excellent service scores, constantly raising the bar of service delivery.
· Creates and maintains customer accounts using Harrah’s computer systems.
· Maintains and is held accountable for all funds entrusted to him/her on a shift basis.
· Provides prompt, friendly, and courteous service to all guests, both external and internal utilizing the Spotlight on Service skills while building great relationships and delighting the guests.
· Conducts coin, chip, and coupon transactions for guests and team members.
· Acts as a source of information for guests or refers guests to the appropriate staff or facility.
· Understands various gaming regulations and passes quarterly exams.
· Redeems various marketing promotion coupons.
· Distributes cash to other departments, cashiers and the bank.
· Distributes chips to gaming areas
· Verifies revenue drops from the Count Room and accepts them in to Cashier inventory
· Verifies and reconciles Cashier end of shift paperwork, cash, chips
· Cashes personal and obtains cash advances on credit cards for patrons.
· Processes casino credit applications
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High school degree or equivalent with previous demonstrated success in a money handling position
· Previous customer service or retail experience required. Harrah’s experience preferred.
· Team player with excellent guest relations skills, verbal communication skills, and a strong commitment to success
· Strong math skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
· Excellent computer skills with the ability to enter, retrieve and interpret information from a computer
· Ability to maintain composure and excellent guest relations under all circumstances.
· Ability to memorize data concerning various events, promotions and services.
· Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
· Must be able to qualify for, obtain, and maintain a Gaming License from the State of Nevada Gaming Control Board
· Ability to maintain neat and orderly records and work
· Ability to write numbers and letters legibly
· Ability to count currency, coins, and chips of various denominations individually stacked or racked racks.
· Ability to pass quarterly exams on gaming regulations Ability to work in a “smoke filled” environment.
· Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
· Acts as a role model to other Team Members and always presents oneself as a credit to Caesars Entertainment and encourages others to do the same. Adheres to all regulatory, company and department policies and procedures
PHYSICAL, MENTAL and ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
· Have good close and medium distance vision
· Manual dexterity skills including handling currency, coin, keys, chips and buttons
· Ability to differentiate between various colors of chips and coin wrappers
· Ability to push/pull up to 100 pounds and lift/carry 40 pounds
· Ability to lift full silver racks off a 4’ counter
· Capable of standing for long periods of time and walking, stooping, talking, hearing and reaching at least 2’ across the counter
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Mobility to move about the casino and work area
· Ability to reach, grasp, bend, squat, push-pull
Positions that have contact with the public require the ability to work in a noisy
environment, and may be exposed to guests who use tobacco products. Also, non-public contact positions may be required to enter public areas from time to time, in connection with their duties, and may be subject to the same environment.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran