Banquet Cook - Mid-America Center Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Food & Beverage
1 Arena Way, Council Bluffs, IA 51501, US
Caesars Entertainment Corporation is the world's most geographically diversified casino-entertainment Company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 75 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions, and now operates casinos on four continents. The company's resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brand names. Caesars also owns the World Series of Poker and the London Club’s International family of casinos. Caesars Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence, and technology leadership. Caesars is committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognizes the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment.
Employees of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values Integrity, Service with Passion, Celebrating Success, Diversity, Caring Culture, and Rigor every day. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities.
* Following standard recipe and preparation methods as established while maintaining a clean, orderly work place and clean immediate area after completing a task.
* Ensuring that reach-in and walk-in refrigeration is clean and orderly, as is all other storage areas.
* Adhere to safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
* Present food according to plating specifications while ensuring that high quality and productivity standards will be strictly maintained; ensuring specified portions will be used in all preparations.
* Maintain a clean, professional appearance and greet guests in a friendly, positive manner.
* Conducting self in manner that reflects credit on Harrah's and Horseshoe while encouraging others to do the same.
* Understand the dish rooms and how to operate machines in kitchen
* Knowledge of safety
standards with food temperatures
* Minimum of 6 months service as a Cook's Helper.
* Have high quality standards.
* Be reliable.
* Hard- working.
* Able to communicate effectively with service staff, other cooks, and cook's helpers.
* Must be able to prepare food items on a consistent basis.
* Ability to stand and walk, and mobility to move easily around entire property for entire shift. Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 50 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
* Must be flexible with schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
Who We Are
Enlisting Heroes, our company-wide veteran hiring initiative, is not just the right thing to do, it is also the smart thing to do.Enlisting Heroes seeks to harness the skills and aptitudes veterans acquire throughout their military career and apply them to the business world. At Caesars Entertainment, there is no shortage of examples of veterans transitioning from successful careers in the military to successful careers in the gaming industry in a range of functions from property management, logistics, human resources, and more. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities. Employees of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values: + Integrity & Rigor
What We Offer+ INNOVATION & GAMING HOSPITALIY
We're adding more experiences, expanding to more locations, innovating with more technology, and giving our guests more to talk about. #czrmomentum
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more. #lifeatcaesars
Supporting our communities comes naturally to us. We clocked 409,600 volunteer hours in 2016 and $73.5 million gifted from the Caesars Foundation to date. @citizencaesars
Meet Our Veterans
I learned so many different things that I apply regularly in my current position. I’ve been certified as a training instructor, a crisis/hostage negotiator and critical incident stress-management peer counselor. All of which help me deal with the different personalities of my people and the patrons who regularly come to Harrah’s Louisiana Downs.
Security Shift Supervisor - Army Veteran